Fine-tuning My WordPress Blog Part II
Over the last weeks I spent some time to get the blog working again, after I screwed it up. I started by making a child theme of the popular iNove theme by NeoEase. A few days later I had to apply some fixes for Internet Explorer users. Whenever I had some spare time I changed a few settings and tried others. For instance, Opera users would see strange symbols somewhere in the text. That’s because wp-Typography has an option named “Enable wrapping after hard hyphens” which adds zero-width spaces after hard hyphens. Opera evidently doesn’t like this, so I turned if off for the time being.
I deleted a few plug-ins and tried a few others. I now have a new contact form (Contact Form 7) and I’m quite happy with Antispam Bee which does an excellent job. In addition, I edited the Embedded Video plug-in to enable embedding videos from a few more sites and changed a few parameters. On the other hand, I cleaned up the Sociable plug-in and changed a few things in my CSS file to make the site more pleasant to look at. Right now, I’m planning to change my theme but I’d have to take a closer look at possible candidates first, so that may take me a while.
Now that these issues are out of the way I can return to blogging once again. Stay tuned for more posts!